Quick Take: Building Update
Why the expansion?
In the last 45 years, we’ve grown – from a handful of volunteers to a professional staff of 100+/-. In that time, we’ve moved and built and leased office space (see agency timeline). We’ve grown far beyond our earliest dreams while keeping our work (and our hearts) in the community.
Just over three years ago, we decided it was time for a big step – the expansion of our headquarters at 11-21 Broadway. The expansion project, which is nearing its completion, provides our agency with a 27,500 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility, an events space, medically-assisted substance abuse treatment clinic, and enough space to fit all of our staff (with room to grow too).
The project allows us to grow our roots ever deeper in our community and in downtown Gloversville – right where we began in 1976.
When will it be done?
Construction began in March 2020 and is moving steadily along. Phase I – the 18,500 sq. ft. addition was completed in March 2021 and is awaiting a few final touches. Clinical staff began to move into their offices this spring and clients welcomed back for in-person session in mid-May. Phase II – the remodeling of our existing 9,000 sq. ft. space is underway – and may even be ready by early August! We want to make sure everything is just perfect before we do a big reveal so the official ribbon cutting will be in autumn 2021 (date to be announced).
How can I help?
The construction project may be nearing its completion, but our work does not. Financial donations are greatly appreciated – from $10 to $100,000 – no amount is too small (or too large!).
Your donations will help us:
- Continue to create an environment that puts collaborative care at its center in order to best serve the needs of our clients;
- Continue to recruit qualified and connected clinicians and other mental health professionals, expanding our behavioral health staff in order to meet a wait-list of 350 people;
- Continue our Children and Family Services including school-based therapists in Fulton and Montgomery counties;
- Continue to serve those in need of our Domestic Violence shelter and crisis hotline;
- Launch a medically-assisted substance abuse treatment program for up to 175 people;
- Continue to be present, active, and impactful within the community we call home.
Would you like information on how your business may become one of our Corporate Partners?
Please contact Jennifer Jennings, Director of Marketing and Fund Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.